I will always fight for what I believe in and strongly advocate for my Type 1 diabetic daughter alongside many who live with diabetes. Given my Native Hawaiian roots, there are many other causes I support back home in Hawaii and now, living in Los Angeles for several years. I’ve listed some of these below. Please research more about each cause. If you would like to take further action, you may select the cause and sign their petition(s) as well. Your voice matters. Mahalo and take care.
Note: I do not have any paid and/or partnerships with any of the organizations listed below. I simply want to share in hopes we may have the same morals, values, and bring about positive change to this world.
Sensor Errors on the Dexcom G6 app are a weekly occurrence for her for the past two years and now more than ever. This ultimately jeopardizes her health and safety especially overnight. Please sign and share our petition on Change.org below to #fixG6.
Dexcom: Fix G6
It’s been a long and “spotty” road since we switched from G5 to G6 in October 2018. The last five G6 sensors failed before it’s 4th day and it’s a constant struggle trying to request replacements in the middle of a pandemic. Please sign and share my petition on Change.org to request CEO Kevin Sayer make necessary changes and improvements to the G6 system instead of focusing on profits over people with the launch of G7 end of 2020. My daughter and thousands of fellow families living with Type 1 diabetes who rely on Dexcom deserve better. Mahalo for your support!
Save and share these FREE graphics I designed to spread the message and help gain more signatures on our petition. Be sure to use hashtag #FixG6 and tag @type1diabetic_life (Instagram) and/or @typeonediabeticlife (Facebook) when posting. Let’s make positive change happen!
A non-profit organization (NPO) operated and run by Type 1 diabetics or those impacted by T1d. They do not receive funding from any pharmaceuticals. This is literally the only NPO – that I’ve found so far, that strongly advocates for affordable insulin with such company transparency. We became Digital Advocate volunteers towards the end of 2020. Learn more about T1International here. You can help advocate by doing some of the following:
- Stay informed – Sign Up for their newsletters and follow @t1international on Instagram and/or Twitter.
- Spread awareness – Share their posts on social media and be sure to tag @t1international when reposting.
- Sign up for their newsletters
- Sign the Charter along with hundreds of fellow advocates across the globe to help make changes to policies that affect the rights of those living with Type 1 diabetes (or any type of insulin dependent diabetes)!
- Join one of their Chapters nearest you or join their team!
- Check out our 2021 Global Panel Perspectives presentation here on IG. I’ll update and a link to everyone’s presentations shortly after T1I is able to do so. Follow them on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter @t1international for updates and to easily share or repost their posts.
- 2021 marks the 100th year since the discovery of insulin! Let’s continue to advocate, don’t celebrate until affordable insulin is a reality for all those that need it to live. Join our watch party for a video collaboration between Janina Gaudin of Missdiabetes (follow her @missdiabetes on Instagram) and @t1international on July 27, 2021. Can’t make it, then please share their video with anyone you feel should learn more and may be interested in helping us advocate. Read more here.
A new campaign I launched to help spread awareness of the Delta variant and to encourage others to please GET VACCINATED and stay masked. If you’d like me to share details with a photo of your vaccination selfie or card, please complete the online form and email me clear photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also tag us @type1diabetic_life on Instagram for a reshare. Please note: I will be taking a break from social media starting in October 2021 for my mental health, to truly focus on my family, and roles as Pancreas Momager/Teacher-Mommy. There is NO tolerance for any antivaxxer or antimasker trolls on any of my platforms. Per many physicians and hospital data across the Nation, all patients in ICUs have the Delta variant. 99% of those patients are unvaccinated and dying, filling ICU capacity, affecting other vaccinated patients needing care or medical treatment leading to their deaths as well. As of October 2, 2020, the U.S. Covid death toll reached 700,000. Watch that news coverage via YouTube if you’re short on time [I make time to research and share resources with you all].
Save the USPS
Trump is literally sabotaging the United States Postal Service to disrupt mail-in voting for the 2020 Presidential Election in the middle of a PANDEMIC! This is unconstitutional and I don’t care if anyone disagrees with me – it’s not a topic up for debate, unless you have no morals or basic human decency. The USPS and all our delivery workers are busting their butts and literally risking their lives to deliver all our amazon packages and medical supplies. Mind you, our 5yr old and millions Americans with Type 1 diabetes or chronic medical conditions are heavily reliant on these medical supplies and life-saving insulin. Take action by doing the following:
- Sign petition to Save the USPS and share it with everyone please.
- Buy stamps and/or shipping supplies from USPS.com to help generate revenue to keep USPS operational.
Justice for Breonna Taylor
Breonna Taylor was an African American shot multiple times and killed in her own home by Louisville police officers with a “no-knock warrant” on March 13, 2020. Five months later and the three officers involved still haven’t been charged yet. Let’s make sure she and her family gets justice! Learn more about what happened on that tragic early morning here. Sign and share the petition started by Loralei HoJay. Browse through Change.org for similar petitions demanding change and justice for BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color).
Tell Governor Ige to stop any and all TMT related construction on Mauna Kea, sacred Native Hawaiian land. As a part Native Hawaiian and Native American, it infuriates me to see my beloved ‘Aina continuously desecrated by greedy politicians and corporations. Please sign and share the petition to all social media platforms started by Protect Mauna Kea here. Mahalo!
If you like what you’ve read on my blog and would like to see more content in the future, then kindly make a donation of any amount you’re able. I do not make a profit from this blog nor do I receive payment for any of the items you’ve seen featured or listed on my blog or social media. I only make a few dollars a month in royalties from my designs made by Zazzle and sold at Zazzle.com/T1dlife. My mission is to spread awareness, education and empower fellow T1d families with our own experiences and expertise. If you’re not able to donate at this time, totally understandable. Please share my blog or follow us on Instagram. Mahalo for your support and generosity.